Basic Microscopy Protocols
Learn more about this course, request more information, or enquire about enrolment.
This 2-3 hour course is aimed at all levels of knowledge and experience. Students will take a look at the setting up and maintenance of a standard light microscope, different lenses, how to measure cells and slide preparation methods.
Course learning outcomes;
- An intimate look at the workings of the light microscope and the different types of lens
Demonstration on operating a light microscope
- Insights into the different images that can be taken and a look at identification of
- Demonstration on how to prepare standard slides
- Case studies where light microscopy is used
- Finally we will look into the modern developments in microscopy
Enquire about this course
Expand your learning
If a career in science is what you're working towards, or you want to up-skill your staff to become qualified Lab Technicians, enhance your training experience with a 15-month Apprenticeship bootcamp.
Accelerated virtual learning
Training students via our virtual world accelerates their learning and allows for perfect technique development.
Industry endorsed training
We've gained brilliant insights from leading lab company Dam Health, to ensure our training supports what employers need.
Inspiring next-gen talent
Our instructing team is made up of qualified teachers and industry experts who love their subject.