Bacterial Identification Principles
Learn more about this course, request more information, or enquire about enrolment.
- How and why we classify microorganisms
- Virus classification
- The 3 domains of cellular life and where bacteria fit in
- Basic bacterial classification by cell morphology and clustering cell wall structure
- Dichotomous decision trees
- Biochemical tests
- Energy transfers from nutrients (ATP synthesis)
- Differential and selective media
- Flow charts
- The future – rapid techniques including MALDI-TOF-MS
Enquire about this course
Expand your learning
If a career in science is what you're working towards, or you want to up-skill your staff to become qualified Lab Technicians, enhance your training experience with a 15-month Apprenticeship bootcamp.
Accelerated virtual learning
Training students via our virtual world accelerates their learning and allows for perfect technique development.
Industry endorsed training
We've gained brilliant insights from leading lab company Dam Health, to ensure our training supports what employers need.
Inspiring next-gen talent
Our instructing team is made up of qualified teachers and industry experts who love their subject.